Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Friday 20 January 2012

The longevity of firms

Thought I would share a great article I read on the BBC called: "Can a company last forver"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16611040

We all know that when it comes to the product life cycle we sometimes have fads (which have very short lives) whereas classics such as Coca Cola seem to go on forever.

But can this idea be extended from products to actual companies themselves?

I found this incredible: "In Japan, there are more than 20,000 companies that are more than 100 years old, with a handful that are more than 1,000 years old, according to credit rating agency Tokyo Shoko Research."

I struggle to think what could be 1,000 years old in Japan! Possibly farming collectives? Or shipbuilders? I think I may investigate!

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels