Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Wednesday 26 March 2008

We Are The Champions

Told them.

I had said in no uncertain terms to the seniors who did the grand job of organising a quiz for The St Andrew's Hospice that I was going to win.

Armed with a ramshackle team of Mr McAlpine (Mastermind subject: Music), Mr Alexander ( (Mastermind subject: Politics), Mr Pellegrini ( (Mastermind subject: Maths & Physics) I knew it was gonna be an uphill battle.

Just as well I had a trial for Blockbusters eh?

The lads romped home scoring 81 out of 90 to win by ten clear. We all felt like Tiger Woods, unlike Mr Arthur (Mastermind subject: Thunderbirds) who thinks he is Tiger!

Seriously, it was good fun and I enjoyed myself.

What a great performance and effort by the seniors, many of whom I teach in S6 or know through Young Enterprise. They raised something like over £400 which is just fantastic.

The Carrigan's venue in Hamilton was pretty good also. Everything went superbly.

Though I do have to say that the young chap who does Advanced Higher Music needs to go to Maths more often. I told him it was Beethoven's FIFTH and not the sixth as he insisted.

I look forward to making it two in a row next year!

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels