Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Wednesday 26 March 2008

Young Enterprise 2007-08

Klass Act, Hamilton Grammar's YES company is in a mad rush to finish off their report and presentation for the Lanarkshire Area Finals in April.

The size of the group does seem to have been an issue as individually the students are brilliant and confident, but as a group they have become rudderless and lacking motivation. Perhaps I have something to do with it, but on the other hand I was so confident with this group I haven't been as much of a motivating force as perhaps I should have. A lesson learned there, I think.

I quite enjoy being the Link Teacher as it does give you another focus and I like working with the seniors, though don't mention the word 'Prefect' when I am around. (Cue in-joke private laughter).

Anyway, I am very proud of the students and I hope we do ourselves and the school proud... if we get everything finished.

At worst it has been an invaluable experience for me and the kids. We did start incredibly late so I won't make that mistake again. And even my mentor for YES at Lenzie had a few goes before being successful in the Area Finals. Though she did go on to win the Scottish twice!

Mind you, as they say from my neck of the woods: "Nae bother tae the wee man".

Was that my head swelling... mibbe. Because... READ THE POST BELOW!!!

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels