Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Mangos, Yellow Fever and Ghana

Yesterday I went to the Glasgow Airport Travel Clinic and received my Yellow Fever jag. I felt a bit sick and had a slight headache. But Yellow Fever prevention is mandatory before going to Ghana or else you simply will not get in.

Mr Dyer of Science (who has been several times and is the person who has made all the brilliant links with our friends in Donkorkrom) is going as is Mr Bowen of Modern Studies and History. I am also going to go and am looking forward to it.

It will be great to see the mango farm being planted while we are over there. The firms that are sponsoring our Carbon Offset project will see pictures of us there and also at the Spartanburg Orphanage where the proceeds of our fundraising go to.

It promises to be a very interesting and exciting trip and I look forward to making a contribution while over in Ghana. Adding value as my friend Mr Derek would say (he's living the high life in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia).

So early July is the date we set off and hopefully by then we shall have many more sponsors on board. I was delighted we got Schuh on early and also Scot-Tel. Mr Dyer secured Hollandbush Nursery, and Mr Stewart is in talks with Scottish Power and Community Windpower. I am also looking at Timber firms such as Tower Doors and Kelvin Timber. Our modernisation builders, Morgan Ashwood are also interested.

Next step is to create some flyers to see if we can attract some more interest!

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels