Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Sunday 16 November 2008

HGS Digital - Pilot Video

As part of the HGS Digital scheme in the school, I have started filming and uploading teacher lessons. Hopefully in time pupils will be recording and uploading these vids for the school.

I did a short demo (the one on Donald Trump) but it was rather embarrassing!!! I have added more screencasts also to Teacher Tube for you guys to use in class. It is really a great learning resource for Administration at all levels.

To branch out a bit I have approached some enthusiastic teachers who have some great ideas to show the world.

First up was Miss McAree in Science. Her video explained about Chemical Reactions and had some cracking examples in it. My favourite bit is with the magnesium and the Bunsen burner. The flame was very, VERY bright!

Next up will be Mr Bowen (History) who will tell us a bit about the Iron Chancellor, Otto von Bismarck.

Future tutorials/vids will include (fingers crossed) Mr Anderson (PE) and Mr Cunningham (French). With more to follow.

I want the student's feedback on this, and you can tell me what lessons/demonstrations do you think would be most valuable.

At the end of the day we are doing this to help you study at home and improve your grades. But we also hope it will be fun. And most importantly we want you to get in on the act by writing scripts, filming and editing.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels