Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Tuesday 24 March 2009

International Education and Building Links with Global Schools!

We now have three schools in three different continents which we have set up blogs and email communication for future curricular development!

We have Pierre Elliot Trudeau in Ontario, Canada...
Southern River College in Gosnells, Western Australia
Donkorkrom Agricultural School in Ghana.

I will be visiting Donkorkrom in the summer, but fingers crossed in the future I may get to go to Canada and Australia!

I have set up the blogs with the schools and hope to help the educators from across the world to get blogging.

Once they are up to speed with events then we can get our students sharing experiences and perhaps even working on projects together.

My S3 Admin class are in the process of starting correspondence with a Year 11 English class in Western Australia, and hopefully from this small start we can then tailor off to relevant subject areas. But I guess we have to walk before we can run as the time difference is crazy!

I'm going to create a welcome podcast with my pupils and post it to the blogs to see if we can create more discussion and dialogue with our International Partners.

Citizenship is such a worthwhile cause... I was always very interested in global affairs and other nations, peoples etc ever since I was in Primary school. To get to speak and communicate with educators and students across the world is mind blowing!

Anyway, I'll keep posting updates on here as we go.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels