Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Wednesday 21 April 2010

Halfway Home

I got a bit of luck when I phoned KLM's local office in Auckland (it was just around the corner but the lift was key operated so I couldn't get to the KLM floor) and they got me a flight to Kuala Lumpur where my friends can put me up, saving me a fortune on hotel bills.

Everyone had to rebook and the earliest I could get was the 27th of April. Every possible combination was taken. Via China, via the Middle East and even a round the world trip via the USA.

Air New Zealand were not the most helpful, though they did give me good advice in not letting me go to Beijing where I would still be stranded inside the airport and with no visa to go outside (and hotels were full anyway).

I am trying to get an earlier flight from KL to Amsterdam to Glasgow, but only if I can get right through. It would be stupid getting to Amsterdam only to sit in an uncomfortable airport for days!

If things get bad I had another escape route planned. KL - Doha - Tuni with Qatar Airways and then the 24hr ferry from Tunis - Marseille (you don't need a visa for Tunisia). From there I'd have to get a train to Calais and wait in line with the others wanting home.

So I shall have to wait it out and I may get another break in that KLM may put on extra flights to get us all home quicker.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels