Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Saturday 11 October 2008

International Education, Young Enterprise and Eco Group

What an eventful week I have just had.

First of all I met (for the first time) Mr Dyer, Faculty Head of Sciences and the Boss Man of Eco Group and also the Chairman of the International Education committee.

I can't say too much about what was discussed - in case of industrial espionage - so all I can say is he has had a brilliant idea for my Young Enterprise company called Pinnacle to get involved in the world of reducing the school's Carbon Footprint.

On that note, our newly appointed managing director, Fraser Porteous worked hard this week to come up with a healthy menu to take to yet another committee (how many actually ARE there???) to press forward our plans in Hamilton.

Anyway the Eco Group have some very interesting ideas and hopefully I can help with some issues. I was also asked to go to the next International Education committee meeting when we return from our break. I can see a great opportunity to tie in some of our existing ICT areas with what the IE (I'm now at the abbreviation game) committee plan to do and as an added Brucie bonus I actually did put IE down as part of my CPD (was that genuis or luck? You decide.)

So if I did get involved that would be my FOURTH committee (ICT, Enterprise, Learning & Teaching) I think I would have to give one up. But I must admit I like the idea of reaching out and linking up with other schools, and I am sure our pupils would love it. e-twinning is next logical step.

I wonder if we did where would the schools come from? I know Modern Languages would like to link up with schools in France and Spain (which makes sense) but I am a nut on all things American so I would like to link up with schools in either the Mid West or Florida. I have visited a couple of schools in Minnesota and the facilities they have there are mindblowing. Apollo High, St Cloud and Sartell High, Sartell about 90 mins drive north of Minneapolis.

So it will be another busy month.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels