Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Monday 20 October 2008

Work - Life Balance... what is that?

I was escaping the Scottish weather by playing golf in Spain last week, but now we are back to business.

Higher BM are nearing their first nab;
Higher Admin are polishing off Excel tasks;
SG Admin are undergoing Integrated Tasks in S4, and S3s are being introduced (or reminded) about the pleasures of Spreadsheets
S2 are in Graphics mode
S1 are sending their emails!

I have 2 CPD courses this week (one on eTwinning, and the other related to Higher Admin).

Our Halloween Disco tickets are now on sale...
Our Young Enterprise shares are also now on sale...

I have an International Education committee meeting tonight after school...

And on Wednesday I am taking S6 to the Community Links AGM/Volunteer Awards at Blantyre Miners Community Resource Centre.

This is turning into one of the busiest weeks ever!

Plus I aim to upload more screencasts to TeacherTube and perhaps even some educational videos with a slight angle, and more slideshows to slideshare.net. It is funny now how many young teachers are blogging, podcasting or using a wiki. I remember when I was looked at when I showed people in my previous schools how to embed their slides in blogs! We've come a long way.

I am just glad pupils use the blog not so much as correspondence but as a resource. I tried using it for homework in the past, but perhaps I should try again, but sometimes it can lose its focus.

Anway, must dash my first meeting is in a few minutes!!!

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels