Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Saturday 3 October 2009

Rio is the winner!

Yesterday it was announced that the 2016 Olympics will be going to South America for the very first time.

I read that Rio had bid before in 1936, 2004 and 2012, and failed on all three previous occassions. I did predict Rio to win for many reasons, but I do feel that for the Olympics to be truly international every part of the world deserves a turn. So South America this time and perhaps somewhere in Africa in 2020?

What will the Olympics bring to Rio and to Brazil?

Not only will there be an upsurge in Tourism, it will lead to better infrastructure within the city and the region. Also the sports stadia that will be built for the games will be a lasting legacy for the young people of Brazil to aspire to perform in.

The economic cost is great but a good games actually makes money... or does it? That is something I want my students to investigate as you do read contrary reports.

The one good thing for Brazil is that Rio is now a focal point again for the world... starting now and for the next seven or so years. Mind you they do have the small matter of the FIFA World Cup to worry about in 2014! So interesting times ahead for Brazil.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels