Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Sunday 6 January 2013

Tips for managing an iPad classroom

An excellent article of how to manage the iPads in your classroom, should you be lucky enough to have a class kitted out with them!

 

http://reflectionsofeducator.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/iclassroom-imanagement-tips-for-managing-an-ipad-classroom/

 

Wonder what would happen if the Government paid for every pupil to have an iPad at the start of High School and they keep it until they leave as they do in France with laptops? What would be the implications?

 

Mind you what then would happen if pupils ‘misplaced’ their iPads? I’m all for technology in the classroom but I just don’t believe they should be gimmicks or be misused or abused and walk into a class of pupils playing Angry Birds!

 

I do think we have to be careful with mobile technologies as it also dregs up the issue of Social Media and the potential for bullying. Now I know some people will read this and think I am not trusting young people or that I am being out of date or out of touch. I don’t think  I am being either. Just being realistic and pragmatic, because sadly without proper controls and monitoring things could get out of hand.

 

At least with a desktop PC (or even laptops for that matter) it is relatively easy to see what the pupils are up to in your class!

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels