Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Why I think Shark Tank is superior to Dragons Den

I am now a fully fledged convert to Shark Tank! I love it. It is far more entertaining than Dragons Den.

Venture Capitalists
The US Sharks have a more varied range of skills and personalities than the UK ones I feel. You have an infomercial king (Kevin Harrington, who has now left), an IT guy, a licensing/educational guru, a real estate mogul turned investor and then a man who has a marketing, retail and distribution empire.

Editing
The US show cuts out a lot of longeurs that the UK show has. It is brisk and to the point.

Voiceover
Do we really need Evan Davis to repeat what has just happened on screen ever minute? It slows down the pace of the show and rather than making it more dramatic actually makes it tiresome.

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels