Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Monday 24 December 2012

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol - Gadgets of the future of Products of today?


What a difference a year makes!

Today I've been watching M:I4 starring Tom Cruise as IMF agent Ethan Hunt who after being wrongly blamed for the bombing of the Kremlin has to stop a fanatic from using Russian nuclear submarine launch codes to start WWIII!

The film is gadget packed, something that James Bond has seem to have forgotten of late. What I found incredible is that there are 2 gadgets in the movie that up until this year were seen as pure sci-fi.

Up first is the contact lenses which scan for data and give valuable intel to the IMF agents when needed. When I first saw it I did think it was a bit OTT, but isn't this just exactly what Google's Project Glass is?


Then we have the famous masks which first appeared in the 1996 movie, which when I saw that back then it seemed so far out as to be ridiculous. However, in the recent movies they showed how the masks were made... and guess what? It is the same principle as 3D printers!




Truly remarkable!

It reminds me of the story of how the communicator in Star Trek inspired inventors to come up with the cellphone or mobile phone as we call it in the UK.

So I wonder what new things scriptwriters will come up with that will soon become reality.

Though the invisible Aston Martin from Die Another Day may take a while yet!






No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels