Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Wednesday 26 December 2012

More on the items that will disappear from the Office of the 21st century

Following on from Time magazine’s new office of the 21st century, the ever excellent Business Insider has a look at some trends they believe will soon be long gone from the Office.


Do you agree or not?

Photocopiers?

Business cards?

Cellular Offices?

USB Memory Sticks?

Cubicles?

Manager’s corner office?

Suits and ties?

Desktop PCs?

Desk phones?

Standard 9-5 working hours?

Rolodex?

Fax Machines?

Tape Recorders?

There are some I do agree with. I mean, come on who still uses Rolodex? I don’t think I have ever seen that. And I can see the office phone replaced by the smartphone. However I am perhaps one to think that the Desktop PC might still be around a lot longer yet. I love my laptop and adore my iPad, but I still love my PC both at home and in work.

The less formal business attire is interesting as in schools (well in the UK anyway) we all have a very formal dress for staff and pupils in most schools wear uniforms. So what kind of message are we sending out if jeans and a T-shirt are okay in an office?

Will be interesting to see how much of this comes to pass. Of course there are always new things which will replace old products. For example will the fax machine be overtaken by some new scanning technology? Perhaps the scanner on smartphones does that already?

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels