Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Monday 31 December 2012

Grease Monkey Wipes - Shark Tank

Today’s episode (well last night’s actually) of Shark Tank on Dave saw Grease Monkey Wipes look for $40,000 for 40% of the business. The two cyclists who came up with a ‘new’ cleaning agent that used citrus as the main ingredient charmed two sharks into setting up a deal.

You can watch the full 10 minute pitch here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esXY0klnfbA

I personally love trying to guess if they are going to be a success or not and then finding out the updates online. I was 100% certain (and right) about that silly Nubrella idea, but I wasn’t quite sure about the Grease Monkey Wipes. I think it was a 50-50 gamble. It could pay off as they could benefit from a wider distribution network and being a first mover, but likewise there is a lot of competition in those kind of markets and they could be easily replicated.

Find out what happened here:


No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels