Mr Marcus McGowan MSc PgDip BA (Hons)

This Business Education Learning Blog is aimed primarily at Higher Business Management students/teachers and ICT students/teachers.

The aim of this blog is to provide you with interesting articles, news, trivia as well as resources or links to materials which will help in your course of study.

I am a Teacher of Business Education and I have written for Education Scotland and BBC Bitesize.

If you'd like to contact me please click on the link to: email me

Wednesday 26 December 2012

QE2 to meet a sad end?

Apparently the Dubai company who own the QE2 are to sell it to China for scrap. The original plan was to turn it into a floating hotel a bit like the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.

This now is unlikely and a rather sad end to such an iconic ship looks on the cards.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/cruise-news/9764731/QE2-to-be-sold-for-scrap-to-China.html

I have an affinity with the famous old ship for two reasons: my uncle worked on the ship when it was being built on the River Clyde back in the 1960s. And secondly I was given a cracking model of the ship when I was a lad, and the model used to float in the bath!

The QE2 was a beautiful liner (not a cruise ship) capable of great speed and elegant comfort. I never got to go aboard the ship, and I had hoped to visit her the next time I'm in Dubai. However it seems it is not to be, which is sad.

How wonderful if someone else came in to buy her and renewed the idea of the floating hotel.

#QE2

No comments:

Followers

Visitors by City

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Labels